Over the last few weeks most of our Fabulous Friday Females have been nominations by people in the Feminine 1st community, famous ladies or those that have made headlines for something special. Well, this week’s Fabulous Friday Female is a little different, someone much closer to my heart…my sister Dawn.
As you may be aware, earlier this week I became an auntie for the first time. Little Luke was born at 1:18pm last Sunday afternoon after a labour that was over 30 hours long.
Now a labour of between 30 and 40 hours would be reason enough to be acknowledged as this week’s Fabulous Friday Female…but the reason that I wanted to celebrate my sister this week is that she has so seamlessly and beautifully embraced her role as a Mum. I know that (especially with the first child) so many women can struggle to ‘find their feet’ as a new Mum…but watching Dawn over this last week has been an absolute joy. She’s there, and has been from day one.
To see the light in her eyes when she looks down at her new baby boy (her ‘little miracle’ as she described him earlier this week) and the instant comfort that just being in her presence brings to him is beautiful. Being a mum is something that has just come completely naturally for her….and it’s so wonderful to see. She is an inspiration.
This week has brought tears and laughter (the hormones have been doing their thing!), sleepless nights and a steep learning curve…but she has taken every step in her stride.
Dawn is going to be the most amazing Mum and I’m so proud of her.
…and although this is a space for the Fabulous Friday Female, I do just want to give an honorary mention to my brother-in-law Matt who is also doing an amazing job in his new role as Daddy to baby Luke.
So I would ask you today to please join me in acknowledging and celebrating my amazing sister and her new family…I wish them every happiness that life can bring…sprinkled with love, laughter and the creation of many wonderful memories along the way.
As you know, I would love to acknowledge, honour and celebrate the women who have inspired you as well. So if there is someone that you believe should feature as a Fabulous Friday Female, then send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with 3 simple details:
- Who is your Fabulous Friday Female? (Her name and location in the world)
- Why is she a Fabulous Friday Female to YOU? (How do you know her? What does she do? In what way is she inspiring?)
- A photo or link to a picture of her online (if there is a reason that you would prefer not to include a photo, just let me know)
So help me to share with all of our lovely ladies the real women who inspire YOU.
…and remember, as always, to Stay Fabulous too!
Search Feminine 1st:
- Why isn’t my man more masculine?
- How can you get the help and support you want and deserve?
- Today’s Fabulous Friday Female is Olivia Encarnacion!
- Look for a relationship that helps you to become a better person while allowing you to be completely true to yourself ~ Claire Brummell, Feminine 1st
- Do you know how to deal with emotionally charged situations in your relationship?
TestimonialsRead what other women are saying about Feminine 1st...
Claire always has time for others and has been a huge support to me on my journey over the last year or so, supporting and advising particularly my whilst exploring my feminine energy
Joanne Birchall, Preston, UK
- ~ FEATURED BLOG POSTS ~ (126)
- Femininity (222)
- For Men (62)
- Video (90)
- Tips (88)
- Business (35)
- Fabulous Friday Female (62)
- Radio (1)
- Relationships (27)
- Exercises (4)
- Christmas (6)
- Charity (1)
- Events (4)
- Other Stuff (3)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Exclusive Feminine 1st Family Member Videos (3)
- Thursday Thought (33)
- Video Tasters (3)